The Royal Wolverhampton School Swimming Club is committed to protecting the privacy of its members as well as openness about its information gathering and dissemination practices for the RWSSC website.
We collect information about our website visitors via server logs and from the information you supply when you join the club. Information about you or any other individual person will not be sold or rented to any third party, including advertisers.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
You further agree that the Courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect to any dispute arising from these terms. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. Your continued use of this website following the posting of these changes to the terms will mean you accept those changes and further access will be governed accordingly.
The material (images and text) contained in this website is copyrighted and owned by RWSSC together with any other intellectual property in such material. All rights reserved. Except for personal and non-commercial use, no part of this website may be copied, republished, performed in public, broadcast, uploaded, transmitted, distributed, modified or dealt with in any manner at all, without the prior written permission of RWSSC, and, then, only in such a way that the source and intellectual property rights are acknowledged.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us including company details
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
The Sites include an “email a friend” and a basket submission feature, which allows a User to email Content to RWSSC; we only use the email address of that person for purposes of emailing that Content to that person.
Please note that RWSSC does not collect Data on any websites other than its own sites.
- Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at; firstname.lastname@example.org
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by sending an email to email@example.com at any time.
- Third party websites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- Updating information
If applicable please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. While we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information contained within this website is correct, you should be aware that the information might be incomplete, inaccurate or may have become out of date and cannot be guaranteed or warranted.
- Limitation Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, RWSSC shall not be liable to any person or organisation, in any manner whatsoever from the use, construction or interpretation of, or the reliance upon, all or any of the information or materials contained in the website or inability to access the site.