The Royal Wolverhampton School Swimming Club use photographic images of members on this site, these images are only used after very careful consideration and the proper procedures have been followed.
We consider it to be beneficial to the individuals and the club to have proper recognition for achievement, anyone associated with swimming will know that it is a very “individual” sport, and whilst swimmers are attending open galas they are representing our club, however this is often done without full club support / representation.
It is therefore absolutely vital that these exceptional efforts by our swimmers and their families are recognised, unfortunately there is no time in the training schedule to acknowledge an individual or group for these efforts, this only leaves the notice board and the website.
It is intended that when the web site is fully operational, the majority of images will be stored under a controlled “Members” area.
- For any photograph to be used, whether individual or group Royal Wolverhampton School Swimming Club must have parental consent from all subjects if aged under 18, where consent does not exist for an individual(s) in a group photograph the image may be digitally altered to remove or make indistinguishable that individual(s).
- Swimmers shall not be named along with their photograph in a way that allows direct identification, whether that photograph be of a group or an individual.
- Any images of swimmers not in a sporting context (out of the water, on poolside or receiving trophies etc.) shall only be used if the image is a “waist up” shot and the swimmer is wearing a shirt or track suit top, alternatively full length shots may be used if the swimmer is wearing a track suit / fully clothed.
- Anyone having any concern over the use of any images on this website should contact the Communications Officer.
- All photographs must observe generally accepted standards of decency in particula:
- Action shots should be a celebration of the sporting activity and not a sexualised image in a sporting context.
- Action shots should not be taken or retained where the photograph revels a torn or displaced swimming costume.
- Poolside shots of children should normally be above the waist only in a swimming costume though full length tracksuit shots are approved.
- Photographs should not be taken from behind swimming blocks at the start of a race or exhibit young swimmers climbing out of the swimming pool
- ASA draft guidelines for the use of images on web sites currently state :
- It is recommended that individualised photographs should not be kept on a clubs web site and certainly not with identifying names as this could lead to a child being approached and placed in a vulnerable position. The same applies to a clubs printed materials such as a clubs annual report.
- The only exception to this policy is where the childs parent or carer provides specific written consent to the Club publishing photographs.
- This consent may be withdrawn at any time and Club should take all reasonable steps to respect the wishes of the parent/carer.